Here's some handy storage hints for you. If you think of others, something that worked well for you, please send us an e-mail, and we'll share it with our readers.
- If you're filling your unit with a lot of different items, make sure you mark each box with a label and put together an inventory list. Colour coding the boxes can be really helpful. When unpacking everything into your new home, you'll be glad you marked the boxes.
- Pack as tightly as you can so there's little chance of boxes moving around while the unit is being driven to its location. Using blankets, bulk bubble wrap, or your carpet rolls can work very well for you.
- Take the drawers out of a dresser first, then put them back in place. Your back will thank you.
- Your unit will be driven, so try to make the weight distribution as even as possible.
- If you're storing straw or hay bales for your rabbits, or even your horses, do not stack them all the way to the roof. It'll be easier to pull out the bales, and leaves some air to circulate.
- Make sure your insurance covers items in your mobile storage cube.
- If you're changing offices, remember, your moving expenses, including rent on your Alberta Mobile Storage unit, could be deductible.
- If you're renovating your living room in December, pack the furniture at the back and the Christmas decorations at the front. Quick access to the stockings and tree ornaments will help get the family in the holiday spirit.
- Remember! Lift with your legs and not with your back!